Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Kombucha?

Anna Carter > wrote:
>I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask questions about this. I
>just wanted to know what the people here think of it. I used to make it
>years ago and drank it daily. Just recently a friend gave me a quart of it
>with a starter.
>Has any one here tried it and is it safe? I guess I am asking here because
>there are so many people here that are knowledgeable about tea. Since this
>is made using tea maybe some one can give me some input on it.

1. A lot of people have tried it over many years.

2. It seems to be safe.

3. It is not really tea at all and should not be called a tea.

3. It tastes like laundry that has been left wet in the sun for a long time.

4. Some people claim that it will extend your life. I don't know if this
is true or not, but if I have to spend my life with a nasty taste in my
mouth all day long, I'd rather it be shorter.
--scott