Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_1_] Nancy Young[_1_] is offline

Default Bottled water, is it better than tap water?

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote

> Hi Nancy,
> What I found interesting about the article was that because bottled water
> is considered 'food' it does not have the same strict rules regarding
> bacteria checks etc., that municipal water does.

Oh, Janet, I'm sorry, I stepped all over your story without meaning
to.

> In some cases the bottled water is contaminated with chemicals and
> bacteria. Not exactly what you'd expect when the bottle says glacier
> pure. So it's more than the fact that some of the bottled water out there
> is strictly tap water in a bottle. I don't buy bottled water as I have no
> need for it and I didn't know any of this stuff. But I guess if there is a
> way to make money off a product you got to expect something similar. :{

Okay, now I've read far enough to find that water filtration comany/ies
are behind the article. Meaning I take it with a grain of salt, so to
speak. They're selling filters. Doesn't mean they are wrong, and I don't
even normally buy water, I was just flapping my gums about why people
might buy water.

Forgiven?

nancy