Posted to rec.food.cooking
D.Currie[_1_] D.Currie[_1_] is offline

Default Bottled water, is it better than tap water?

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote
>
>> Interesting article
>> http://www.allabou****er.org/bottled-water.html

> Without even reading the article, I can say the answer is
> It depends. I'd forgotten just how horrid the water is in
> the places I've visited in Florida. I understand completely
> why they have whole aisles in the stores dedicated to
> bottled water. I certainly purchased my share.
>
> nancy

I've lived in places where the water was terrible, and places where it was
fine. When I lived where the water was really terrible, I was also really
broke, so I learned to live with it most of the time. It was okay for coffee
and cooking, and if I had to, I could drink it. But when I went to visit
people in good-water places, I'd bring gallon bottles and bring home their
tap water. They thought I was a little crazy unless they'd actually tasted
my tap water.

Interesting thing I read somewhere though -- people who are using bottled
water exclusively and whose kids drink only bottled water are ending up with
more cavities because they aren't getting the fluoride from the water
supply.

Donna