Old 06-03-2006, 12:08 AM posted to rec.food.historic

Default WW2 London cuisine question

On Sun 05 Mar 2006 09:20:49a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Alf
Christophersen?

On 5 Mar 2006 10:52:22 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com wrote:

On Sun 05 Mar 2006 12:41:21a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
Bigbazza?

"Alf Christophersen" wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 19:26:33 +1100, "Bigbazza"
wrote:

A question passes my mind...If you get the recipes..Where will you
get you 'Whale' meat these days ?...Whaling is banned in most
countries now !

Well, there are still some countries where you may buy it. And,
treated correctly, it is very tasty. Like an ox beef. And taste
almost the same.

I can't imagine a sea-dwelling creature tasting like ox beef. Their
diet is so totally different. Even cattle fed different diets taste
different.

But I'm sorry to say, the only difference is some strings in the meat.
Otherwise, a beef of whale and a beef of ox is extremely alike. Except
that the whale meat piece is very much more tender.
But, it is dependent on how treated before serving. If laying ready
cut for a while, it start to get rancid and will taste like rancid cod
liver oil. The same applies if stored for too long time. Like a week
or so.

Thanks, but I'll pass. g

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo