Posted to rec.food.historic
Alf Christophersen Alf Christophersen is offline

Default WW2 London cuisine question

On 5 Mar 2006 10:52:22 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun 05 Mar 2006 12:41:21a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Bigbazza?
>

>> "Alf Christophersen" > wrote in
>> message ...
>>> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 19:26:33 +1100, "Bigbazza"

>>> Well, there are still some countries where you may buy it. And, treated
>>> correctly, it is very tasty. Like an ox beef. And taste almost the
>>> same.

>I can't imagine a sea-dwelling creature tasting like ox beef. Their diet
>is so totally different. Even cattle fed different diets taste different.

But I'm sorry to say, the only difference is some strings in the meat.
Otherwise, a beef of whale and a beef of ox is extremely alike. Except
that the whale meat piece is very much more tender.
But, it is dependent on how treated before serving. If laying ready
cut for a while, it start to get rancid and will taste like rancid cod
liver oil. The same applies if stored for too long time. Like a week
or so.