Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Smooth top ranges vs coil

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:34:48 -0500, "Dee Randall" >
> wrote:
>
>>> We're in the throes of redoing our kitchen right now -- about $32K so
>>> far
>>> 8;(.
>>> We chose the GE Profile JB968 free-standing double oven model
>>> (http://tinyurl.com/rk8ur), >>> -- Larry

>>Larry, do you mind me asking: how can you tell by looking at this page
>>whether it is a smooth top or induction?

> If you click on "Product Details", under "element types" you will see "5
> ribbon."

So, if you see ribbon, the word, "ribbon" means it is not induction, right?
*******

> The front left medium sized element, when combined with the bridge
> element, is
> also a perfect fit for my oval pans. > -- Larry

Larry, I've been studying your choice and reading the manual, but I see
under "Product Details," it says that the bridge element is 800w, whereas
the other elements a
6" 1500w 1 ribbon;
tri-ring 3000w 1 ribbon;
7" element (2 ribbon) 1800w

Do you know why the bridge element is only 800watts?

And the 7" element is '2' ribbon vs. '1' ribbon? does it mean that there are
2 ribbons at 900w

When it says tri-ring 3000 1 ribbon, do you think that means that each ring
is 1000w?

I guess I'm getting too technical, perhaps, but am trying to understand the
specs.
Thanks,
Dee