Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
DAve Allison DAve Allison is offline

Default when can i tell yeast is active ---

Thanks for the reply.
I added no Potassium Metabisulphite. The juice has gone from almost
clear to milky, with a lite fiz. I will check with hydrometer to see if
it's dropped. Good idea. Holy crow - it's now reading .0998!
Does this mean it worked without the crust and foam? wow.
Maybe I have hope in this hobby after all? Time to rack into secondary!!

DAve