Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh[_1_] Pete Romfh[_1_] is offline

Default Mango Mousse

I picked up this idea on our India trip.
I've tried this "lightened" version and it was pretty good also.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Mango Mousse

A light, tropical flavored, diabetic-friendly dessert.

Recipe By: Pete Romfh
Serving Size: 6
Cuisine: Indian
Main Ingredient: Mango
Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Desserts, Brunch

-= Ingredients =-
1 env unflavored gelatin;
2 cups mango puree ; (2-3 mangos)
1/3 cup Splenda
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Plain yogurt
1 cup heavy cream ; - Well-chilled

-= Instructions =-
In a small saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water, let it
soften for 1 minute, and heat the mixture over low heat, stirring, until
the gelatin is dissolved.

In a blender blend together the mango puree, the sugar, and the vanilla,
add the gelatin mixture, and blend the mixture well. Transfer the mixture
to a bowl and stir in the yogurt.

In a chilled bowl beat the cream until it holds stiff peaks, fold it into
the mango mixture gently but thoroughly, and divide the mousse among 4
dessert glasses or molds. Chill the mousse for at least 4 hours or
overnight.

Garnish the mousse with mango slices, mint leaves, or a small chocolate
wafer.

Makes 6 (1/2 cup) servings, each containing an estimated:
Cals: 168, FatCals: 74, TotFat: 8g
SatFat: 5g, PolyFat: 0g, MonoFat: 2g
Chol: 30mg, Na: 40mg, K: 197mg
TotCarb: 21g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 11g
NetCarbs:20g, Protein: 4g

** Recipe and photo at: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe160683 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh