Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
DAve Allison DAve Allison is offline

Default when can i tell yeast is active ---

Hi.
Still stuck here. (Literally) I used Energizer and Nutrient per
instructions. I re-hydrate the yeast, and even slowly introduced some of
the must - all is fine until I put it in the batch. I raised the
temperature to 75-80. Maybe I am destined for Kits only. :*)

This is a wine making concentrate Pinot Chardonnay from Alexanders -
from http://www.homebrewheaven.com/- the PH is 6 (i only have the little
dabby sticks, it appears to be a 6 in a scale of 1-14) the Hydrometer
says it's 1.084. These seem like ok readings?

I used Lalvin EC-1118 and then more nutrient and energizer and 24 hours
- tried another yeast - Cote Des Blancs Wine Yeast(can you put too much
yeast into a batch? ya'd think after about a while, it would mess up the
taste?) and tried again (24 more hours)after more energizer and nutrient
with yeast - Montrachet Wine Yeast. It smells like grapes (not yeast)
and i get some bubbles when I stir it, but nothing happenin'.

I don't mean to whine or drive you all nuts, but if there is another
rock I can look under, advice would be appreciated. thanks.

(if it's more equipment, make suggestions, I'm committed to getting this
right eventually) ha
DAve