Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default Spanish restaurant in Manhattan

wrote:
> Well after searching around for restaurants i thought this would be a
> great place to help me out. So I hope you don't mind me coming in here
> and channeling it through the group to see if I can get some help.
>
> I am a senior in High School and president of our Spanish club. I have
> been trying to plan a trip to Manhattan which we are 20 minutes away
> from. The point of the trip is to have dinner at a Spanish restaurant
> which i think would be pretty cool. Now i know there are plenty of
> really great places all over the place but here's the problem: I ran it
> through the club advisor and she doesn't really want to go far from
> Grand Central. Only because there are a number of kids very unfamiliar
> with the city and we'd like to keep the restaurant in walking distance
> so we can play it safe. Anywhere that's 10'ish or less blocks away
> would be really nice.
>
> So who knows any neat places we can go to that will seat somewhere
> around 10-15 people and doesn't have high, high prices? I nice
> Spanish feel to the place would be pretty cool too.
>
> Thanks so much for any help!!!
> -Darragh

A little further away than you wanted but the Spain Restaurant (actual
name) on 13th (btwn 6th & 7th Ave) will fit all of your other
requirements nicely. They have a larger dining room in the back with
large tables. Food is really good and affordable and they put
complimentary appetizers in front of you as soon as you sit.

If walking is a requirement it is less than 1 1/2 miles from Grand
Central to the restaurant which would be a 30 minute walk and you could
enjoy the city during the walk.