Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Vicki Beausoleil Vicki Beausoleil is offline

Default Lentil Sprouts

Night Spirit wrote:
snip

> I checked with the USDA data base using a piece of software they have
> for searching it and came up with this.
>
> 10 grams of raw lentil sprouts is Carbohyrate by difference is 2.21
> for a 100 grams it's 22.14 grams now if some can explain what is meant
> by Carbohyrate by difference.

Carbohydrate by difference is what you have left after you subtract out
every thing else. The actual amount of carbs isn't calculated, it's
what's left over after the water, fats, nutrients, fiber and protein is
measured. Basically, it's just a calculation tool.

Somewhere on the website it should say this, but I'm not sure where.

HTH

Vicki