Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Night Spirit Night Spirit is offline

Default Lentil Sprouts

Julie Bove Boldly typed:
> Does anyone know the carb count of these? I've tried looking online
> and all I can find is that there isn't a lot of nutritional
> information on these. Other legume sprouts seem to have 6-7 grams of
> total carb per cup with about 2 grams of fiber. I do know that a
> cup
> of lentil sprouts has about one serving of protein.
>
> I just started pea, lentil and a spicy radish and other small seed
> sprouts and I can't wait to try them. The lentils already taste
> good. The peas are a bit bitter.
>
> I have a recipe for lentil sprouts that sounds yummy. You mix them
> with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and chopped chives or green
> onions.
> I think chopped tomato would go well with this too, and perhaps some
> parsley. Can't wait to try it!
>
> I am hoping that the sprouts are low enough in carbs that I can eat
> them for lunch. They seem like the perfect food, offering protein
> and
> a small amount of carbs. I am getting tired of having to skip lunch
> in order for my numbers to be in range by dinner. And my breakfast
> is usually only a Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds. So as you can
> imagine, I am very hungry by dinner time. So far the only thing
> that
> isn't causing BG trouble between meals is more pumpkin seeds or a
> little bit of coconut. Another other nuts or veggies I've tried
> have
> shot up my BG. Even a stalk of celery is out of the question for me
> now.

I checked with the USDA data base using a piece of software they have
for searching it and came up with this.

10 grams of raw lentil sprouts is Carbohyrate by difference is 2.21
for a 100 grams it's 22.14 grams now if some can explain what is meant
by Carbohyrate by difference.
--
So Say We All,
Dale

The world wide web at my finger tips and I can't find anything
interesting.