Posted to alt.food.diabetic
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Lentil Sprouts

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news:P34Nf.2356$DT.1439@trnddc06...

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>
>> Julie,
>>
>> I looked at lentil on FitDay (PC version), and I found a number of

> entries.
>> Here are a few of them:
>>
>> Lentils, sprouted, raw -- 1 cup -- 17g carbs
>> Lentils, sprouted, cooked, stir-fried -- 1oz. (note the change in
>> portion) -- 6g carbs
>> Lentils, mature seeds, cooked (boiled) -- 1 cup -- 40g carbs
>> Lentils, dry, cooked, fat *not* added -- 1 cup (yield after cooking) --

> 108g
>> carbs
>> Lentils, dry, cooked, fat added in cooking -- 1 cup (yield after

> cooking) --
>> 108g carbs
>> Lentils, pink, raw -- 1 cup -- 114g carbs
>>
>> So, there's quite a variation, depending on how they are used (there are
>> also some other listings in FitDay). You mentioned lentil *sprouts,* and
>> that doesn't look bad at all. (And, of course, 1 cup is quite a lot.)

> Thanks! That's not bad then. I would be eating them raw. I'm thinking
> of
> going on a raw food diet, but am not sure if it will be 100% raw because
> I'm
> just not convinced that this is the way to go. In the meantime, I am
> looking for more ways to increase the amount of raw food I eat.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

You might want to look at FitDay. It has a very large database, and you can
see various nutritional values in just an instant. You can also add
favorite foods if they are not in the database. There is a free online
version, but I bought the PC version because I prefer to keep everything on
my own computer.

MaryL