Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Do YOU eat at your dining room table every day?

sf wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2006 06:51:36 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:
>
>> - when we eat on the veranda/porch (which is often in summer)
>> we do eat at the table. Maybe our kiddo will get the idea
>> eventually...

> If the weather at my house was conducive to outdoor dining and I had a
> deck off my kitchen - I'd be eating outside until it was so cold, I
> couldn't. A table is a table, setting it nicely and having whole
> family meals around it makes for good childhood memories. My kids are
> grown now and they will testify to that.

I have a spacious patio but it's off the living room, not the kitchen. When
I grill I have to traipse plates of uncooked food from the kitchen past the
dining room through the living room to the patio, and back again. If I had
my druthers I'd have a patio right off the kitchen and I'd eat out there,
weather permitting. And I'd like a chiminea or one of those outdoor
screened round fireplaces so I could enjoy it at least until it was *really*
cold.

Jill