Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Do YOU eat at your dining room table every day?

Dee Randall wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Goomba38 wrote:

>>> This is how I was raised also. And NO TV on!!! That is the death to
>>> conversation. I worry that kids nowadays aren't getting very much of
>>> this family dinner time and what they're losing down the road?
>>> Goomba

>> Absolutely! NO TV. We didn't have one anywhere near the table, be
>> it in the
>> kitchen or the formal dining room. Now, however, without children
>> in the house, my parents eat at the kitchen table and there is most
>> definitely a television. I guess after almost 57 years they just
>> don't have that much to
>> talk about
>>
>> Jill

> Jumping to old-marrieds rescue! DH and I have so much to talk about
> we have to interrupt each other to get a word-in. When he goes to CT
> without me, the cell phone is on fire!
> Maybe your parents are just getting another topic from the news!
> Luckily we mostly agree on events on the news, but we still sing to
> the choir.
> Dee Dee

Oh, I'm not saying they don't speak. But my parents don't go anywhere and
they definitely don't have cell phones. They won't even get an answering
machine for their land line; if we can't reach them we can't reach them,
which is sometimes frustrating.

My dad is addicted to television. He's got to have it on even if he's just
sitting reading a book. That kinda drives my mom crazy, especially since he
only watches the History Channel and the news.

Jill