Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Do YOU eat at your dining room table every day?

cathyxyz wrote:
> Sorry - all the talk about using good tableware reminded me that we
> actually have a dining room table
>
> We usually eat in the "family" room. I can remember as a kid that my
> Mom used to lay the table properly for *every* meal. She still does.
> Only time we use ours now is for HIgh Days and Holidays...
>
> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz)

Alas, I purchased a "kitchen nook" set (which was supposed to go in my
dining room since I don't have an eat-in kitchen). It looks like this:

http://www.onewayfurniture.com/oakkitnookse.html

I loved the look but the purchase was a mistake. It was delivered in
cartons and requires two people to hold the pieces during assembly. I don't
have two people LOL So it's still in the cartons. I eat on a tray in front
of the television.

When I was growing up we always ate in the dining room. Later when we moved
to a house with an eat-in kitchen, we ate at the kitchen table. The dining
room was reserved for holiday dinners.

Jill