Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Do YOU eat at your dining room table every day?

"cathyxyz" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Sorry - all the talk about using good tableware reminded me that we
> actually have a dining room table
>
> We usually eat in the "family" room. I can remember as a kid that my
> Mom used to lay the table properly for *every* meal. She still does.
> Only time we use ours now is for HIgh Days and Holidays...

We eat every meal in the dining room on a big wooden table of my choice
bought over 30 years ago and used for every meal in all 5 houses we've
owned; hauled around by Bekins from Coast to Coast. Sometimes no leaves
have been used, but right now all leaves are attached. Sometimes I use
tablecloths, over the years I've bought them for every size the table
becomes, and sometimes we eat on bare wood, just depends. We've only had
bar stools around a kitchen counter once, but we never ate at the counter.
Dee Dee