Posted to rec.food.baking
Jenn Ridley Jenn Ridley is offline

Default Baking cakes in foil pans

(ms. tonya) wrote:

>A person asked in another NG about baking butter cakes in foil pans to
>take to her husband's office party so she wouldn't have to drag her good
>pryex pans home.
>
>I have never bake anything in these and am wondering how good they do
>baking and be concern with burning because of the lightness of the pans.

Once you get the pan into the oven, it will bake just fine. If you're
using a large pan, you may need to use a peel to get the pan into the
oven (sometimes the larger pans will buckle from the weight of the
batter). I use them fairly often. You may want to check for doneness
5 minutes before you usually do, especially if you usually bake in
Pyrex. The lighter weight pans heat up more quickly than the Pyrex.

I don't suggest using the foil pans for roasting a bird, unless you
put a cookie sheet underneath it to keep it from buckling and dumping
pan drippings all over.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley :