Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
patrick mcdonald patrick mcdonald is offline

Default Can i Use old Corks for Bottling

All the other replies and dangers being read and UNDERSTOOD, I would say
your less risky cork to reuse is a synthetic that you've not pierced all the
way through. If you've pierced through or close to it, no way.

I've bottled a few with reused synthetic when the shop was closed on Sunday
and had no ill effects. I've also consumed those bottles within a year,
soaked the cork in a sulfite solution and made sure to place the unpierced
end towards the vino.
news:1375e8c5e174d63866378ee458bfa02d.90780@mygate .mailgate.org...