Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Protein grams and portion control??? Pastorio?

In article >,
"Dee Randall" > wrote:

> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message

> >>OTOH, I had a CT a few weeks ago, signed papers for it, etc. when I read
> >>the
> >>fine print (on the front page) that this CT would NOT be done without the
> >>submission of proof of blood test level of one particular thing, which I
> >>do
> >>not remember at the moment.
> >>This was an imaging facility/office where people come and go all day, but
> >>was not asked if I had had this blood test as a requirement for getting
> >>the
> >>CT.
> >>
> >>In my case I should be asking the doctors at that facility why in the
> >>h....
> >>absolutely no one had ordered this test prior, or reception personnel
> >>didn't
> >>required that I had the papers to prove that I had had it done.
> >>
> >>Why was no one ordering them?
> >>It goes both ways.
> >>Dee Dee
> >>

> > That is one of three things...one, that the Xray facility/doc screwed
> > up, two, that you had the test previously and the results had been
> > faxed over to the facilty by your doc, three, the test was not really
> > needed as a pre-req or perhaps not in your particular case and the
> > line was just not crossed out on the form.
> >
> > Give me a few minutes and I can probably come up with several more
> > reasons.
> >
> > Why didn't you question this at the facility and call your doc's
> > office right away? If you saw something that seemed untoward, you
> > should have been proactive and followed up. Better safe than sorry. A
> > patient who reads carefully and questions things might avoid an error.
> >
> > Boron

> Boron, I was the one that was proactive about the whole thing. I was the
> one that read it carefully and brought it to their attention. The imaging
> facility was the one who was dragging their heels, not knowing what I was
> speaking about. This is a requirement for everyone age 70 and over, and my
> age was on the application, but there were two requirements which I met, age
> being just one of them. I was not asked for a report of my blood test. They
> acted like it wasn't important, and actually they acted like they'd never
> heard of it before. Yes, I would've called my doctor's office to get a
> faxed order to take the test, but I had recent blood test reports in the car
> with me which they accepted but according to the rules on the form, they
> weren't current enough -- I went with it because an MD there said, it's OK.
> Actually just sick of this type of thing happening almost everytime I have
> anything to do with the medical field. I'm so glad that I have my husband
> as my advocate with me at all times.
> Dee Dee

That's the problem with some big facilities. :-( It's almost like you
are nothing but a number on an assembly line....

I'm glad the place I work at is still small enough to treat our
customers like individual humans!

Our CT/Radiology people call the lab themselves to ask for and wait for
the renal function testing prior to starting the procedure! I get those
calls all the time when I'm working Chemistry.
--
Peace, Om.