Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Protein grams and portion control??? Pastorio?

In article >,
Boron Elgar > wrote:

> Insulin resistance shows up in fasting BGs, too, if they are tracked
> over time or repeated if out of range.....and unless there are some
> other risk factors involved, some indication of metabolic syndrome,
> the HBA1c is an unusual test to order. There has to be some reason
> for it. It is not part of a "normal" screen. It just isn't and I have
> seen no guidelines that suggest it should be.

It's a recent development. :-)
It's happening at our hospital, especially with docs that do a lot of
weight loss work with their patients.

Granted, more docs still use it for tracking diabetic therapy, but we
are seeing more and more of them ordered with people's annual lab work.

When you only have 1 set of blood tests per year, the A1C is going to be
far more indicative of an "average" daily blood glucose level than a
random fasting BG.
--
Peace, Om.