The Joneses

Default Salad ideas

>LP wrote:
>As in the last post, I am trying to eat better. ... I would like to
>find a lettuce that tastes good. ...I also know that I need a fat
>free dressing. I like the flavor of garlic, lemon, bacon, ect.

You needs a little fat in yer diet, olive oil is a good one. This ain't
lettuce but it's my favorite cole slaw (that's green right?), published
many places. I like it lots better than bottled cole slaw dressings.
I suppose you could try it with a whisper of garlic, I've not tried that.
*very* high fiber, no fat, lower in salt:
1/2 Cabbage shredded
1 carrot ditto if you got it
Maybe a piece of apple, chopped
Maybe a few raisins
(shhhh, maybe a whisper of a tiny slice of white onion)
Mix:
1/2 cup no fat mayo
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt or substitute
2-3 packages (1 teaspoon?) or more to taste Splenda sweetener
1 teaspoon celery seed
coupla grinds of black pepper
Pour dressing over veggies or vice-versa.