Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Protein grams and portion control??? Pastorio?

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
>> :

:

>> > Hemoglobin A1C shows your average glucose (blood sugar) levels over the
>> > past 90 days.
>> >
>> > A far, far more accurate estimation of Insulin resistance, and
>> > developing type II Diabetes.
>> >
>> > My Endocrinologist uses it exclusively. :-)

>> Om,
>>
>> Today I went in for fasting bloodwork. I didn't get the Hemoglobin A1C
>> test as you suggested, rather just a glucose test.
>>
>> I was pretty ****ed off about that. I said "but it's a more accurate
>> test."
>>
>> They took an extra tube of blood and told me to call my doc. Well... I
>> called and he said there's no sign of high glucose levels (from last
>> year) AND he had the nerve to say that it's expensive (as if that was
>> more of his concern).
>>
>> I just said fine and they hung up on me. Penn Care Assoc draws the lines
>> at this clinic and I'm damned fuming about it.
>>
>> Am I wrong in my anger?
>>
>> Andy

> I would be......
>
> There is a good reason that more docs are using that test to monitor.
>
> If nothing else, it's the principle of the thing. I have yet to have a
> doctor refuse to order a lab test that I have requested of them! Dr. R.
> will write an order for anything I want, and my co-pay will cover any
> labs requested as long as they are appropriate for the diagnosis code.
>
> I'm careful to fall within those limits when I place my requests. <G>
>
> A good doctor will allow us choices and listen to our concerns!
> And not blow them off as "ignorance".
>
> Especially when the doc might be ignorant too! I dumped one GP when he
> told me that a low Total T3 was meaningless if the T4 and TSH were
> within normal limits.
>
> Bullshit. <G>
> --

At my doctor's last visit, regarding two different tests in the same day -
he had his nurse call me and tell me to take calcium (Dexascan - osteopenia)
and on the other test results, he had her call me and tell me to stop
calcium altogether. When I questioned this with some other nurse who called
to see what the trouble was with my thinking, I never got a return call when
she said she would look into it. There have been other things along these
lines, too. Time to look for ANOTHER doctor.
I say, Bullshit, too.
Dee Dee