Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Protein grams and portion control??? Pastorio?

> Today I went in for fasting bloodwork. I didn't get the Hemoglobin A1C
> test as you suggested, rather just a glucose test.
>
> I was pretty ****ed off about that. I said "but it's a more accurate
> test."
>
> They took an extra tube of blood and told me to call my doc. Well... I
> called and he said there's no sign of high glucose levels (from last
> year) AND he had the nerve to say that it's expensive (as if that was
> more of his concern).
>
> I just said fine and they hung up on me. Penn Care Assoc draws the lines
> at this clinic and I'm damned fuming about it.
>
> Am I wrong in my anger?
>
> Andy

HELL NO!!!
When I in a counseling group for an ailment, a guest doctor there advocated
not getting certain blood tests on cancer patients because that money could
be saved to vaccinate the world's children. I kid you not! What did he
think a patient was going to do: 1) get the price of the test and write a
check for that amount to some nation that was vaccinating children. Maybe
the patient was already doing that, etc. etc. etc.
There are certain doctors who have their priorities confused; and are just
plain nuts!
Dee Dee