Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Starbucks "African Red Bush" tea? Is it Rooibos?

My wife and I go into a Starbucks yesterday to redeem a holiday gift
card with a given balance. I read the fine print. It said no cash
refund. We ordered Tazo Chai tea which was a buck more than Chai tea
latte. It didn' taste like tea, chai or the more expensive cream for
that matter. I probably saw more business in 45 minutes than my local
tea shoppe gets all morning. We got the last dirty little table. Two
guys at the front of the store in the nice leather chairs both looked
like extras from BrokeBack Mtn. Yup pointed boots, pointed hats and
enough silver to make a Navajo happy. The Western apparel stores in
town can't stock enough colorful coordinated cowboy outfits for the
urban professional whose parents told them Midnight Cowboy was the
prequel to Deliverance. It wasn't my money.

Jim

PS: The lastest wrinkle in Rooibus is adding flavors just like tea.
You don't like the taste just keep adding crap till you do and tell
your friends you gave up coffee for something healthier.