Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner[_1_] Beach Runner[_1_] is offline

Default Two hypochondriacs and a "vegan" sue McDonald's

wrote:

> I agree she suffered no real damage and every veggie should ask before
> ordering. (I do)
> About the allergy thing, I was saying they should sue based on what I
> know of allergies. I am an allergy sufferer as well as a vegetarian
> and I ask a barrage of questions before chowing down. However things
> can get cross contaminated and a reaction can occur. If they didn't
> have anti-histamines or epi pens handy, and the allergy is full blown
> they could die. If the case is that they went to the hospital and
> nearly died, I can see the law suit having some solid ground.

This ignores that fact that McDonalds was being purposely dishonest.
If they didn't say anything that would be one matter but being purposely
dishonest is another.

And if Vegan is a spiritual or moral code for someone, clearly McDonalds
violated that trust and should be liable.