Posted to rec.food.cooking
alg alg is offline

Default Where to buy MSG

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:26:44 GMT, "alg" > wrote:
>
>>Oh, you know me - I'm a drinker, not a fighter. And I don't know nothing
>>about no grilled choate with cojita cheese. (I fail!)

> It was a spelling test. You passed :-)

Oh, for being a lousy speeler, that's amazing! Was that supposed to be
choyate and cojeta? I gotta say, those are fairly obscure in the typical
Anglo setting.

>> Wings and choux puffs sound great! Awfully ambitious for a Monday
>>night, aren't we? I just did a simple cheese bread in the ol' Zojirushi
>>go with left-overs ... chicken soup and chicken a la king.

> I had a Zojirushi, but it was a rice cooker. I take it you did
> cheese bread in something other than a rice cooker.

Yeah, it's a bread machine my mom passed down to me. It's a good'un,
though! I love kitchen gadgets and this certainly qualifies. You can find
'em pretty cheap on eBay, I noticed. Hmm, bread in a rice cooker. In
Hawaii, they used to have something called "manapua", which is a steamed
white flour roll stuffed with char sui pork - yum! Could maybe make an
English pudding in a rice cooker. Nah, sounds too scary...

>>You're right, it's the taste that counts.

> And I know you have good taste, at least in beer and that BBQ you
> brought last time.

I cheated - next time I'd actually *make* something. But in a pinch, Rudy's
doesn't suck. I got a cheap-o electric smoker (coz I'm tired of stoking
wood and tending fire for 8-12 hours), but I haven't worked out acceptable
technique yet - close, but no red ring. Perhaps there's just no substitute
for a good wood-fired smoker.