PENMART01

Default Salad ideas

>(Dan Abel)writes:
>
>>"LP" wrote:
>>
>> have tried iceberg lettuce, it just seems so blah. What other salad
>> ingredients don't have a yucky taste? I guess I like sweet tasting stuff.

>OK, I'll admit it. I *like* iceberg lettuce! One of my favorite salads,
>which I don't have very often, is to make a dressing of catsup, mayo,
>chopped hard boiled egg and a little finely chopped onion. I then cut the
>lettuce into wedges. I eat this with a knife and fork.

I do the same... served as wedges or thick slices iceberg offers great texture,
with all it's nooks and crannies a perfect medium for dressings to adhere.
Except for it's few dark green outer leaves I rarely use iceberg in a tossed
salad... it seems a shame to tear up the perfectly meshed marbled geometry of a
fine iceberg steak. A slab of iceberg between thick slices of vine ripened
beefsteak tomato, sprinkled with minced green onions, and topped with gushes of
that no-class international orange bottled freedom dressing... no other lettuce
works as well.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon