A.C.

Default Salad ideas

> As in the last post, I am trying to eat better. I have never eaten a salad
> (don't laugh!) and I would like to find a lettuce that tastes good. When I
> have tried iceberg lettuce, it just seems so blah. What other salad
> ingredients don't have a yucky taste? I guess I like sweet tasting stuff.
>
> I also know that I need a fat free dressing. I like the flavor of garlic,
> lemon, bacon, ect.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
> ASF

i'm not even sure why they grow iceberg lettuce. its got to be the suckiest
variety of lettuce around. try some romaine, baby spinach, radicchio,
arugula, or frisee. most grocery stores carry bags of prepackaged lettuce
mixes. try "spring mix" if you can find it. the textures and tastes are
great. my favorite salad is a simple salad with romaine lettuce, grape
tomatoes, sliced red onions and a few cucumber slices with a honey mustard
balsamic vinaigrette.