Tamzen Cannoy

Default Using Porcini Mushrooms

I bought some fresh porcini the other day and, having never tried them
fresh before, went looking for recipes. I found this one and it was
absolutely fabulous.

Wood-cutter's Penne
PENNE ALLA BOSCAIOLA

6 Servings:

Ingredients:
1 lb. penne pasta
3-1/2 oz. dry porcini mushrooms or 14 oz. fresh porcini mushrooms
4 tbs. tomato sauce
4 tbs. cream
3-1/2 oz. Parmigiano cheese
4 tbs. butter
2 tbs. parsley
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper, as needed
oil

Soak the dry mushrooms for approximately one-half hour. If using fresh
mushrooms, chop finely without soaking. Fry the pressed garlic in oil
and butter. Add the mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for 20
minutes. When done, add the tomato sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the cream and mix until blended well. In the meantime, boil the
pasta in slightly salted water until al dente. Drain. Add to the
mushroom sauce and sprinkle with Parmigiano cheese. Serve immediately.