notbob

Default "lazy" corned beef

On 2004-03-18, limey > wrote:

> I'm just curious. All the veggies are pressure cooked for just 5 - 7
> minutes before shutting down the cooker. I'm a great one for trying new
> recipes that usually bomb. We'll see - I'm using your recipe with which to
> compare it, so it's probably already doomed.

That's the 3rd time I've seen that recipe at SurHiTab. It's also in my Kuhn
Rikon cookbook and on the Cooks Illustrated website.

Well anyway, I just finished up the corned beef I've been munchin' for the
last 3 days. It came out real nice. I didn't go for all the veggies, only
wanting cabbage. I cooked the corned beef in 1 C water and added the
cabbage at the very end and only cooked it for 5 mins. The beef was
exquisitely tender and the cabbage was just right. I reduced the water to 1
C because I didn't want to leach out all the flavor. I still had plenty of
liquid left. I think I'll try just 1/2 C of water next time.

nb