Posted to alt.food.diabetic
See Hear See Hear is offline

Default Any good home made ketchup recipies for diabetics?

Ok even later now. I've been on holiday.

Vicki, perhaps you have not seen the recipe properly?
There is more than enough acidity in the recipe to not only retard bacterial
growth,
but kill it completely and before it gets started.
The recipe was passed as safe by a chemist supervisor in the cracker labs.
I should also have mentioned that the BOILING sauce is poured into jars that
are over 120 degrees C - taken straight from the oven, but I thought it
would be an obvious standard bottling procedure.
The jars are sealed while very, very hot, ergo anaerobic conditions.
There is NO NEED - REPEAT - NO NEED For refrigeration because of the
intensity of the acidity.
I think you are taking a step too far and comparing high-acid foods with
those simply stored dangerously in minimum acidity and oil.
But thanks for the comment. At least I know someone read it.

.. .