sf

Default runny caramel

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 02:47:11 GMT, "krol"
> wrote:

> I had an interesting dish in a restaurant the other day of hard spicy cheese
> with a drizzle of a very runny caramel over it. How do I make a runny
> caramel?

Do you know how to carmelize sugar? That's what it was.

> Do I just add more liquid? Using milk rather than cream?

Did it look like there was cream in it? Usually caramel is
just sugar, cooked slowly. Some people begin with water,
but that just prolongs the process.

Caramel SAUCE has more in it, like cream or milk.

> I guess the question is what makes the caramel runny?

Don't cook your caramel to hard crack!

<smile>