Margaret Suran

Default Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery

Mike Avery wrote:

> On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:
>
> > Our Daily Bread

> I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
> that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
> would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
> us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.
>
> He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.
>
> My suggestion on the bakery name is to research the name before you
> use it. I knew some people in Austin who had to change their
> corporate name repeatedly because it was too close to other business
> names.
>
> Using your name as part of the business is a good touch. Most people
> start out trusting a business where the owners name is out front.
> "Bob's Bakery". Of course, when you decide to sell the bakery, you
> may lose the ability to use your name on other bakeries, depending on
> the sales negotiations.
>
> Geographical and/or regional names are also popular. Our bakery is
> the "Colorado High Attitude Bakery". We like to say we bake with an
> altitude.
>
> Good luck to the original poster,
> Mike
> --

I was not thinking of the prayer. I was thinking of the 1934 Depression
Era film. There were no "name" actors in it, but it was a powerful
drama about the struggle to earn enough for your daily existence.

Also, there is a chain of Belgian bakery restaurants in New York City,
Le Pain Quotidien, The Daily Bread.