Brian Macke

Default Best oil for French Fries?

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 05:58:28 +0000, alzelt wrote:

> As a rule, I refuse to use ingredients that I cannot pronounce, or
> contain more than two sylables.

How do you eat at ethnic restaurants? I'd butcher the name of any quality
ingredient used in a Thai or Russian restaurant.

> As for the need to robe the spuds in a specially formulated chemical
> mix, that goes beyond the pale.

McDonald's didn't start the fire. They've exploited it to a new level in
recent years, but prefabricated and processed food has a heritage whose
lineage includes stuffing vegetables in salt water and stuffing ground
meat into the intestines of the dead animal.

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which