Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg[_1_] Reg[_1_] is offline

Default Any Good Smoked Fish Recipes?

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:29:20 GMT, "Alan S" >
> wrote:
>
>>Thank you! I will do this tonight. If anyone else has any good brine
>>recipes for fish I would like to know what they are.

> I just use a salt and pepper brine, without rinsing. That one
> looks a little too sweet for me, but that's a matter of personal
> preference. I don't like sugar in most of my brines.
>
> -sw

What I would add, and IIRC you've made similar comments,
is that a lot of the ingredients you see in many brine
recipes don't really have any effect. Adding say, a
tablespoon of herb to a gallon of brine won't have
any effect on the final result. You won't be able
to taste it.

--
Reg -*- email: RegForte at oy dot com -*- rm -rf /bin/laden