Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dan Krueger[_1_] Dan Krueger[_1_] is offline

Default Any Good Smoked Fish Recipes?

Alan S wrote:

> I caught some King Mackerel and Shark last weekend and would like to smoke
> some of it. Any good suggestions? What wood is best for smoking fish?
>
> Thx,
>
> - A -

I use a small piece of hickory and a few larger chunks of apple with
excellent results. Skip mesquite for fish (or any food, IMHO).

A good brine of salt and brown sugar and appropriate spices is just as
important as the preparation.

If you have any left over, try a smoked fish dip. Great stuff! I'll
dig up a recipe I use that is cream cheese based if you are interested.
Many others use mayonnaise. It's a matter of taste.

Dan