Posted to rec.food.sourdough
dan w dan w is offline

Default Mr. Baker's Sourdough Starter...

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message

"Brian Mailman" > wrote in message

> > I went to Fisherman's Wharf and they had the San Francisco culture at
> > some trinket shop, called "Mr. Baker's Sourdough Starter" for a few
> > bucks ....

> You'll get nothing but baby puke from that.

Was that your experience? Baby puke? I have had several of Mr. Baker's
starts, and they were good. But not dated. Problem with starts from
stores
is you don't know how old they are. If you get a pukey one, it may be puke
settled in from your own atmosphere while you waited for your dead start to
come to life.

--
Dicky

don't forget nose puppies