Peter Aitken

Default [Article]: Article and recipes on spiritual diet.

"Doc" > wrote in message
k.net...

> "Smart Book" > wrote in message
>
> > If the Buddha Came to Dinner
> >
> > If the Buddha came to dinner at your home, what would you serve?
> >
> > With so much processed food in the marketplace, obesity in adults

> Eschewing obesity and mentioning Buddha in the same breath seems a bit
> humorous...

Not at all. The fat, jolly Buddha statues that you see are not supposed to
represent the historical Buddha. The fat stomach is meant to symbolize the
largeness of his soul and also happiness, generosity, and luck. It is not
meant to represent how he actually looked - no one knows that.

--
Peter Aitken