Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Hot tamales!

In article >,
jay > wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:59:25 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>

> > Couple questions for the panel: What kind of pork roast is used
> > effectively for the filling?

> The (TEX-MEX) natives here use hogs head not pork roast. It used to be
> really inexpensive. We have made them with pork butt.
>
> >What else goes on the plate when tamales are on the menu?
> > Restaurante -- frijoles, arroz, an enchilada

> Exactly.
>
> Is is a *bad* thing to eat them unaccompanied?
> Great unaccompanied! I love them sitting smack in the middle of a good
> bowl of chili!

Mmm... I like it when the hispanic ladies bring them to work, fresh made
and fresh out of the steamer.

I'll peel and eat a dozen of them for dinner at work, as is, by
themselves!

Glass of ice tea on the side to wash them down. ;-d
--
Om.