Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown[_1_] King's Crown[_1_] is offline

Default Hot tamales!

> Couple questions for the panel: What kind of pork roast is used
> effectively for the filling? What else goes on the plate when tamales
> are on the menu? What I picture is a combination plate from El Loro
> Restaurante -- frijoles, arroz, an enchilada or something. Is is a
> *bad* thing to eat them unaccompanied? I don't know these things and am
> curious.
> --

I make a mole' to go with mine. I like to serve them with refrieds and
spanish rice and a nice green salad. Personally, I'd like to eat just about
3 or 4 heck 5 tamales all by themselves, but they are so freaking time
consuming to make that I'll serve them with rice and beans to cut down the
number of tamales needed in one sitting.

Lynne