Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick rick is offline

Default Can we do better?

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> > The institution of Usenet causes massive amounts of death
>> > and
>> > suffering
>> > to animals.

>> =====================
>> Instutution? Are you projecting about your next home? Again,
>> read some sites...
>>

>> > I think I'd like to see a more detailed defence of that
>> > claim.

>> > No.

>> =================
>> Then why is it bad to kill one cow, but ok to kill many
>> smaller
>> animals for the same calories?
>>

> It's better to kill one cow than many smaller animals. But
> there are
> collateral deaths involved in pasture-ruminant food production.
> You
> haven't convinced me that production of grass-fed beef causes
> less harm
> per serving of food than crop production.

You haven't provided proof that there are other deaths involved
in grass-fed beef.
The beef I eat lives right down the road. There is no planting,
plowing, spraying, harvesting.
It goes to slaughter just a few miles away, and then right to us.
Tell us the route of destruction your bananas take, killer.