Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick rick is offline

Default Can we do better?

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>> > Why? I never made that claim.

>> ==============
>> Then you should reread what you said above. Either that, or
>> you
>> are saying that your veggies kill NO animals since you claimed
>> we
>> have no right to kill animals for our food.
>>

>> > I have actually produced some evidence. It's not conclusive.
>> > But I'll
>> > wait until I hear at least some counter-evidence before I
>> > make
>> > any
>> > changes to my diet.

>> ===================
>> I've seen no evidence from you at all to support the vegan
>> claims
>> of being 'better.'

> The Gaverick Matheny article.
> ======================

He cites no evidence...

>> But the point I'm making is that you don't
>> have to change by eating meat. You refuse to even compare the
>> foods you do eat, and make changes there as to which ones
>> cause
>> more/less animal death and suffering. That alone puts the ly
>> your relegion of veganism.
>>

> As I told you, I have made some attempt to compare the amounts
> of harm
> caused by production of the different crops. When I find some
> decent
> data on this, I'll change my eating habits accordingly.

===========================
No, you haven't, obviously. You haven't looked at bananas, even
though you eat them. You're a liar, plain and simple, with
nothing but a simple rule for your simple mind.

>> > No, I don't know. I do care and have made some effort to
>> > find
>> > out, but
>> > not much research has been done on these issues.

>> ======================
>> Then why are you so adament that being vegan is better than
>> anything else? faith? Yep, veganism is a relegion.
>>

> I'm not.

===================
Yes, you have been...

>> > Unnecessary suffering is not just fine. I'm not altogether
>> > convinced
>> > that electricity production is unnecessary.

>> ==========================
>> What part of your being here on this newsgroup is necessary?
>> You
>> contribute to an ever growing demand for more power and
>> communications for no more reason than *your* entertainment.
>>

> Would you care to estimate the expected contribution to the
> amount of
> harm caused to animals by my usage of Usenet? I really think it
> would
> be pretty miniscule. I agree it's unnecessary, but I'm not
> convinced
> that making every reasonable effort not to provide financial
> support to
> institutions or practices that cause or support unnecessary
> harm
> requires me to stop using Usenet.

========================
So, now you've switched from it's not ok to kill animals
unnecessarily, like for entertainment, to some animals killed for
your entertainment is ok? What a hoot! Guess you're really only
a vegan when it doesn't mean too much sacrifice on your lifestyle
and entertainment, eh hypocrite? You are making no such efforts
to avoid rewarding people that kill animals for your lifestyle
and entertainment, killer.

>> > But no, any unnecessary suffering and death of animals that
>> > is
>> > really
>> > being caused purely for my entertainment is not just fine.

>> Then again, you're lying about really caring about killing
>> animals, aren't you?
>>

> No.

Yes, you are. maybe you can convenice yourself, but the lys are
right here, obvious to any reader without vegan willful ignorance
filters.