Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
[email protected] rupertmccallum@yahoo.com is offline

Default Can we do better?

rick wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...

> >> oups.com...

> >> ==========================
> >> Then you should be able to provide evidence that your vegan
> >> diet
> >> automatically means you kill fewer animals.

> > Why? I never made that claim.

> ==============
> Then you should reread what you said above. Either that, or you
> are saying that your veggies kill NO animals since you claimed we
> have no right to kill animals for our food.

Sorry, missed this bit the first time around. I said we have no right
to kill animals unnecessarily. I accept we probably don't have the
right to kill as many animals as we currently do in crop production. I
believe I am obliged to make every *reasonable* effort not to
financially support unnecessary harm, not every *possible* effort. I
believe that my vegan diet is one reasonable way of trying to meet this
standard. If anyone thinks there is a non-vegan diet that can do
better, I'm happy to listen to the evidence.