Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Quentin Grady Quentin Grady is offline

Default Can anyone invent me a couple of dishes

This post not CC'd by email
On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:15:09 GMT, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>I am surprised at you wanting dried oregano rather than
>fresh.

G'day G'day Ozgirl,

Blame Frank. Nah. Don't blame anyone. Frank inspired me to examine
L-ORAC scores, oxygen radical absorbency capacity measured in fats and
oils. One item they tested was dried oregano. The problem with
science that so often sucks us in is they love to standardised. Dried
oregano is most likely more standardised than fresh. It won't wilt
for instance.

> Speaking of herbs, I saw purple basil for the first
>time today. The smell is magnificent. It had a minty smell
>as well as other smells, the label said aniseed and cinnamon
>aroma. Whatever, it was really a smell sensation.

If you ever get the chance grow blue spice basil. You would keep that
for fragrance alone.

Best wishes.
--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /