Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

Default Too much chilli

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:37:57 -0800, aem wrote:

> I don't believe that's the problem, unless you're using an exotic chili
> powder blend that I've never seen. None of the regularly available
> chili powders is hot enough for 3 tsps (that is, 1 TB) to be painfully
> hot. Unless perhaps you were making 1 cup of chili with 2 oz. of meat.

Most commercial "chili" powders are blends...(cumin, salt, chile powder,
paprika and other fillers) and that is why they are not too hot. We
buy fresh 100% chipotle chile powder..and 3 teaspoons would fire it up and
3 tablespoons would take a 5 pound pot of beef way past super hot.

I think you are right about the olive trick..waste of time and olives.