Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default Can anyone invent me a couple of dishes

"Quentin Grady" > wrote in message

> G'day G'day Folks,
>
> Can anyone come up with a couple of recipes. They need to be very
> simple ie bloke proof. Items near the top of the list score higher
> than those at the bottom. One low carb and one low fat would be
> fantastic. You must NOT mind seeing your recipe in print.
>
> avocado,
> bean; navy, pinto, small red, black
> pea, Blackeyed;
> broccoli raab; spinach
> raspberry, cranberry, blackberry, strawberry
> Brazil nut; pecans, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts,
> prunes; figs
> bell peppers, orange, yellow
> artichokes
> lettuce,
> oats
> pumpkin, corn, potato.
>
> If you include cloves, turmeric, ginger, dried oregano, freshly ground
> black pepper you score bonus points.

You've almost got a 2-course meal there.

Make a guacamole and stir in some of the beans; add salt and black pepper to
taste. Serve in bell pepper pots, with a salad topped with broccoli raab (if
that's what I know as sprouting broccoli, a good sub for asparagus in
season). Arrange some matchsticked ginger over the peppers. Low fat it by
making the filling with a coarse bean puree instead of guacamole.

For dessert, make a fruit crumble topped with some nuts and oats. Serve with
crème frais and a sprinkling of clove powder. Low fat by swinging the
balance towards the oats, and serve with yoghurt.

No idea what you can do with the pumpkin, corn and potato. I guess you could
make a soup for a starter, but I wouldn't eat it because it'd be too carby
: )

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004