Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pete Romfh[_1_] Pete Romfh[_1_] is offline

Default where to go in houston (bbq)

> "A. Kesteloo" wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> My brother is going to houston (texas). can you
>> recommend a good bbq place he should go to?

We have a number of good BBQ Shacks here in Houston. Depends on what part of
town he will be in.
I work on the theory, "If there's more than one of the same name, it's a
chain." so I tend to like the small places where you can meet the
owner/chef/pitmaster while you're having a meal. At the one near our
neighborhood the guy invited to to spend time cooking with him to pick up
tips.

A local restaurant review site is http://www.b4-u-eat.com/
The reviews there are from patrons, not paid reviewers.
So their opinions may be worth just what you paid for them.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh