Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

Default Culinary school opinions

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:10:27 +0000, TigBits wrote:

> 1. Orlando Culinary Academy / Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts

I have heard that an Ivy League education is cheaper..and that they
saddle a lot of want to be chefs with some serious loans that are hard to
pay off.. and the available jobs for new grads are not that good. Check
the completion stats.. large drop out rate.

Try working in a restaurant first. I totally believe in following you
dreams..some dreams turn into nightmares. Go slow and don't quit your day
job.

As others have said..it is a tough business. I don't think the grass is
greener there. Sorry for the sermon..3 kids 2 in college..sermons
just flow...(: Good luck!