PenguiN

Default Onion seeds vs Nigella seeds

Hi,

In trying to learn indian cooking, I've seen recepies that take "onion
seeds" and recepies that take "nigella" seeds, and from reading
through old usenet posts and searching the web, I've gathered that
they're the same thing.

However, today I've come across a recepie that calls for both onion
seeds *and* nigella seeds. What could this mean? I'm guessing I could
just use the "onion seeds" I picked up at the indian grocery store for
both quantities, but I really like to know what the recepie writer was
*actually* going for. Is there another kind of spice other than
nigella seed which is sometimes called "onion seed"?

Thanks!
Ken